In my blog post, How Video Can Be an Important Part to Your PPC Strategy, I explain how video can be important to any digital marketing campaign. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google and boasts some pretty amazing statistics themselves. Here are a few of my favorite
- YouTube has over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet — and every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views.
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% y/y, the fastest growth seen in 2 years.
- The number of people watching YouTube per day is up 40% y/y since March 2014.
- The number of users coming to YouTube who start at the YouTube homepage, similar to the way they might turn on their TV, is up more than 3x y/y.
Whether your goal is brand awareness or direct ROI, video advertising PPC campaigns can help achieve your goals and help users move along the sales funnel. Here is how I’ve helped clients like GuitarInstructor.com and Fitness on Demand grow brand awareness, traffic and conversions through video advertising.
- Channel targeting to show your videos to relevant users
- Keyword focused campaigns to target users who had specific intents
- Remarketing to show your videos to users who’ve been to your site before
- Create remarketing lists from users who first interacted with you by watching your YouTube videos
- Video and channel optimization to not only help organic visits but increase relevancy
If you have video content that is focused and speaks directly to your target audience, contact me to integrate your videos into successful PPC campaigns.